Yesterday saw my first chemo session. My first appointment was at 09:00 so given the usual mess that is the M11 I left at 07:10 and arrived at the North Mid at 08:15. Parking, thankfully, wasn't an issue. The first appointment was with speech therapy as later in the radio treatment I will get a sore throat, probably ulcers and some muscle issues so I have a number of neck and throat related exercises to start now that should benefit me later on. Chemo consisted of me pretty much sat in chair from 10:30 until about 15:30 whilst they dripped about 3.5 litres of fluids into me, 3l of that were salts, 0.5l was the actual chemo drug. After that I was fitted with a pump which constantly slow feeds about 250mm of a second drug into me over 4 days, so it has to stay attached. There are some logistical problems with that, mostly around getting dressed and sleeping. As I normally sleep on my left side I have employed the standard 'pull out the second draw of the bedside cabin...
Friday 8th September 10:30 Train from Stortford at 07:15, tube from Tottenham Hale to Warren Street. 08:30 Blood test at the McMillan Cancer Hospital 09:30 Ultrasound scan at the ENT Hospital next door 10:45 Canular inserted for and MRI at 11ish, then back to ultrasound for a biopsy.
Comments
Post a Comment