Start of week 4, this morning morphine was discussed with the specialist. We're expecting the pain to get worse as the effects of the treatment accumulate.
Yesterday saw my first chemo session. My first appointment was at 09:00 so given the usual mess that is the M11 I left at 07:10 and arrived at the North Mid at 08:15. Parking, thankfully, wasn't an issue. The first appointment was with speech therapy as later in the radio treatment I will get a sore throat, probably ulcers and some muscle issues so I have a number of neck and throat related exercises to start now that should benefit me later on. Chemo consisted of me pretty much sat in chair from 10:30 until about 15:30 whilst they dripped about 3.5 litres of fluids into me, 3l of that were salts, 0.5l was the actual chemo drug. After that I was fitted with a pump which constantly slow feeds about 250mm of a second drug into me over 4 days, so it has to stay attached. There are some logistical problems with that, mostly around getting dressed and sleeping. As I normally sleep on my left side I have employed the standard 'pull out the second draw of the bedside cabin...
Sunday 7th May 09:40 The last 24 hours seem to have been an ongoing improvement. The pain is still very much there but I am able to reduce it to be able to eat a bit more. I've had a bowl of porridge this morning, and should be able to tuck into some trifle Julie made for me later. I had a tin of scotch broth yesterday too, so now I need to try a few things for taste to see what I could have a go at.
Comments
Post a Comment