Yesterday saw my first chemo session. My first appointment was at 09:00 so given the usual mess that is the M11 I left at 07:10 and arrived at the North Mid at 08:15. Parking, thankfully, wasn't an issue. The first appointment was with speech therapy as later in the radio treatment I will get a sore throat, probably ulcers and some muscle issues so I have a number of neck and throat related exercises to start now that should benefit me later on. Chemo consisted of me pretty much sat in chair from 10:30 until about 15:30 whilst they dripped about 3.5 litres of fluids into me, 3l of that were salts, 0.5l was the actual chemo drug. After that I was fitted with a pump which constantly slow feeds about 250mm of a second drug into me over 4 days, so it has to stay attached. There are some logistical problems with that, mostly around getting dressed and sleeping. As I normally sleep on my left side I have employed the standard 'pull out the second draw of the bedside cabin...
17th June 2024 Back at UCLH three months after the last scan. Nothing major to report, still get tired more than usual, dry mouth overnight and still not 100% on the taste of Cadburys Fruit and Nut. My lymph node has been steadily shrinking over the course of the last three scans and nothing i have felt has made me believe that's not still ongoing. We'll find out later this week. Fingers crossed everything will run to time, I got bumped from Friday last week as one of the machines was down. It is busier in Nuclear Medicine reception than it has been before.
Friday 8th September 10:30 Train from Stortford at 07:15, tube from Tottenham Hale to Warren Street. 08:30 Blood test at the McMillan Cancer Hospital 09:30 Ultrasound scan at the ENT Hospital next door 10:45 Canular inserted for and MRI at 11ish, then back to ultrasound for a biopsy.
Comments
Post a Comment